The Alpen Schuhplattlers would like to wish everyone a happy and blessed holiday season. May your days be merry and bright!
What’s in store for 2018? Our 54. Stiftungsfest will be held on Saturday, April 21st at the Teutonia Männerchor. Join the Schuhplattlers for an evening of dancing with music by Mädel Jäger. All are welcome!
We’re also participating in the 2. Gebietsfest of the Vier Länder Gebiet on June 15-16. This mini-convention will be hosted by the Altoona Almrausch Schuhplattlers and draws dancers from Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Ontario, and more.
We’ll be performing at the Teutonia’s Maifest and Oktoberfests. And of course, we’ll be performing at Oktoberfests and other festivals around Western Pennsylvania. Stop back often for the most up-to-date list of events.
Kick off the holiday season with the Alpen Schuhplattlers at the Harmony Weihnachtsmarkt, Western Pennsylvania’s finest German Christmas market! Come watch our dancing and stay for German music, German food, holiday vendors, museum exhibits, and Harmony’s famous glühwein. Performance times are:
- Saturday November 11 @ 12 pm and 4:30 pm
- Sunday November 12 @ 12 pm and 3:15 pm
Join us in the fest tent for a traditional German celebration!
218 Mercer St.
Harmony, Pa 16037
For more information, visit harmonymuseum.org/Christmas-Market.html.
Tanzen und springen!
Schuhplattling is all about tanzen und springen — in English, dancing and leaping! Our male dancers jump into the air and slap their legs to show their athleticism. Meanwhile, our female dancers spin until their skirts blossom out into beautiful bells. Watch this in action at the Alpen Schuhplattlers’ upcoming performances!
- Our Lady of the Angels Oktoberfest. September 30, 2017 @ 7:00 pm. Teamster Hall (Lawrenceville), 4701 Butler St., Pgh., Pa 15201.
- Scott Twp. Oktoberfest. October 7, 2017 @ 1:00 pm. Scott Township Municipal Park, Park Drive, Scott Township, PA 15106
- Most Holy Name Oktoberfest. October 14, 2017 @ 7:30 pm. Most Holy Name Parish Hall (Troy Hill), Pittsburgh, PA.
- Teutonia Männerchor Oktoberfests. September 30, October 7, October 14, and October 21, 2017. (Members and guests only.)
Ready for fun and Gemütlichkeit? Here are our upcoming September performances:
Are you ready for Oktoberfest? We are!
Come to the Teutonia Männerchor’s Public Oktoberfest on September 8th, 9th, and 10th. The Alpen Schuhplattlers are dancing in the Fest Tent at 8PM on Friday, Sept. 8th and 3PM and 8PM on Saturday, Sept. 9th.
Don’t forget to stop by our food booth for delicious potato pancakes!
857 Phineas St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Summer is still here, but that hasn’t stopped the Alpen Schuhplattlers from getting ready for Oktoberfest season. We are dancing up a storm this month! Here’s our public performance schedule:
- German Alliance Luncheon, August 26, 12:00 pm at Teutonia Männerchor
- World Kaleidoscope, August 27, 2:00 pm at the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Main (Oakland), 4400 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. We’re performing in the Quiet Reading Room on the first floor.
- Erie German Heritage Festival, September 2-3 at St. Nick’s Grove, 5131 Old French Rd., Erie, PA 16509. Performance times: Sat. 1:30pm & 4:00pm; Sun. 1:00pm & 3:30pm. This fun festival features German beer, vendors, food, kid’s activities, and music … plus the Schuhplattlers! Make it a day trip and join us under the fest tent.
(Photo courtesy of Stephen Hargreaves)
Join the Alpen Schuhplattlers for an evening of dancing and music as we celebrate our 53rd anniversary! The festivities feature dance performances by the Alpen Schuhplattlers and music by the Youngstown Saxon Brass Band. Our famous gift and 50/50 raffles will be back!
Saturday, April 22, 2017
8:00 PM – Midnight
857 Phineas Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Tickets are just $12 adults/$6 kids 12 and under. Dinner is available in the Ratskellar for a separate charge.
Interested? Contact Marina at 412-491-0577 or email@example.com.
The Alpen Schuhplattlers will appear at the Harmony Museum’s annual Weihnachtsmarkt (traditional German Christmas Market) on November 12th and 13th. Watch us perform traditional German folk dances in the fest tent, then stay the rest of the day to listen to German bands, enjoy delicious German food and drink, and do some holiday shopping!
- Saturday, 11/12: 12:00 – 12:30 pm and 4:30 – 5:00 pm
- Sunday 11/13: 3:00 – 4:00 pm
218 Mercer St.
Harmony, Pa 16037
Oktoberfest at the Teutonia Männerchor is open to the public this weekend and the Alpen Schuhplattlers are ready to celebrate! We’re dancing on Friday 10/7/16 and Saturday 10/8/16 at 8:00 PM in the Fest Tent.
Daily admission is just $10. Be sure to stop by our food booth for a pretzel!
On Saturday 10/8/16 at 11:00 AM, we’ll be marching in the Columbus Day Parade on Liberty Avenue in Bloomfield (Pittsburgh’s “Little Italy”). We represent Germany in this celebration of Pittsburgh’s ethnic heritage!
A mysterious stranger challenged our guys
to a plattling contest!
The Schuhplattlers are dancing at the Pennsylvania Bavarian Oktoberfest in Canonsburg on Friday 9/16 at 9PM and Sunday 9/18 at 12:30 PM. Both shows are at the German Stage on East Pike Street.
On Saturday 9/17, we’re dancing at the Hofbrauhaus Pittsburgh at 2PM and 3:15 PM. Hoist a stein of Munich’s best with us!