The Alpen Schuhplattlers are springing and twirling back into action! While we had to take a break from performing in 2020 due to the covid pandemic, we’re now ready to put on our dirndls, lederhosen, and dancing shoes! Here’s our current schedule for Fall, 2021:
- Erie German Heritage Festival – Sept. 4-5 (Labor Day weekend) @ St. Nick’s Grove, 5131 Old French Road, Erie PA. Performances start on Saturday @ 1:30 pm & 4 pm and Sunday @ 1 pm & 3:30 pm. We’re rejoining our friends at DANK Erie for their German festival! Get a jump on Oktoberfest with German food, beer, bands and dancing in the fest tent. For details, visit http://www.dank-erie.org/german-heritage-fest.html
- Scott Township Oktoberfest, Oct. 2 @ Scott Township Park. Performance starts at 1 pm.
- Columbus Day Parade, Oct. 9 @ Liberty Avenue, Bloomfield. Parade starts at 11 am.
- Trachtenball, Nov. 6 @ Youngstown Saxon Club, 710 S. Meridian Rd., Youngstown OH.
- Harmony Christmas Market, Nov. 13-14 @ Historic Harmony, 218 Mercer St., Harmony PA. Performances start on Saturday @ noon & 4:30 pm and Sunday @ noon & 3 pm. Kick off the Christmas season at historic Harmony with vendors, museum tours and demonstrations, German food, and the Alpen Schuhplattlers. (Be sure to visit the glühwein shed for extra Christmas cheer!) For details, see https://harmonymuseum.org/christmas-market/.
All performance dates and times are subject to change.